Friday, August 1, 2008

Summer

Summer is flying by and here I've only done 1 post so far. This is my second. We are swamped with things to do this year. It seems as though they have all come at once!

We have had a great year so far.
Both Chris and I had our first parent's Days.
In May(for Mother's Day) Jim Delmege (Pasch to Alissa) came over to take pictures of the baby :) He did an amazing job!! Here's the link for those of you who haven't seen them.
http://www.jim-delmege.com/family/year_2008/alissa/index.html

The weekend of Father's Day, Alissa said "dada" for the first time. It was really quite a treat for him!!

In June, John & Robin came to visit with the kids. It was really nice to see them twice in 1 year. That doesn't happen often. Every since we all moved away, it's on rare occasions that we get together.

Lastly for June, we had Tommy's graduation. He was our old neighbor on Marion Street. We are so VERY proud of him!!!

July was just as packed. With the 4th of July it was a little different this year. We didn't go to Fireworks because Alissa is just too young. Kinda stinky because it's my favorite holiday...but what can you do. Chris's parent's came over for a great steak cook out instead :)

The 5th, Alissa had her very first play date. We got together with Becky & Ava. It was so nice! I can't wait until those girls get older and run around together. Too cute!!

Chris' Aunt Judy's 70th birthday party was at Canandaigua Inn on the Lake too last month. It was good to see those that haven't met the baby yet.

We also took Ashley & Jeffery to the Rochester Air Show. I figured I would share the whole album with you. The pictures were downsized to photobucket to make them easier to view. The big ones have GREAT detail and captured the moments!
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b185/flebbywebby/Air%20Show/?albumview=grid If it prompts you for a password, it is guest

August will be busy also. We have a wedding tomorrow for Matt Delmege. He is my very first friend ever..ha ha :) My cousin, Karen, is also getting married so I have her bridal shower this month as well.

The list goes on with other b-day parties, weddings, and events clear through the end of the year. How did life get so busy!?

Alissa is getting big as well. She's 7 1/2 months these days. She's not crawling yet (which is okay by me). She rolls EVERYWHERE. No teeth yet, but she does sit by herself for a bit. She still gets tired and flops right over when she's done sitting. But, don't let her fool you...she can hold her own :) She is eating three solid meals a day in her highchair. She LOVES chicken- just like grandma :) She is eager to try to feed herself. I only let her mess with the spoon if bathtime is approaching. :) She gets it in her hair, ears, and nose. :) Here's an updated picture of my peanut I took yesterday.

I am doing well also. I have lost all the baby weight and am actually skinnier now than before I had Alissa. :) It's a nice change, except I don't really fit into any of my clothes! ha ha!! This is the thinest I have ever been in a LONG time actually. Kudos to breastfeeding!! ha ha :)

Chris is doing great. He's busy working all night and then being a FANTASTIC dad to Alissa. He is such a blessing.

Well, that's all for now. I just wanted to post something since it's been a VERY long time. I'll post more pictures of our summer happenings soon!

No comments: