Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Being A Mother

With Mother’s Day quickly approaching, it makes me reflect on a lot of things. I’m sincerely grateful for this opportunity I have been given to be Alissa’s mother. I also wonder about my mom as well. Did she do certain things with me that I do with Alissa? I miss her much and the hardest part of raising Alissa is not having my mom here just to talk to. There are times where I want to ask simple questions, and don’t have anyone to ask it seems. I know there are others there for me...but nothing is the same as your mom. I miss that person you can call at 3am because you’re exhausted and they will be right there at the drop of a hat without reservation or excuse. I guess it’s something I have to endure and I know that the Lord will give me strength. As silly as this sounds, I’m grateful for this website. It gives me a chance to journal and for Alissa to read it in the future. I don’t know when I got my first tooth or what words I said first, nor do I know when I took my first steps. I am, however, glad that she will be able to reflect and read this later on. I print out all my entries and put them in a binder for her to read when she gets old enough. So, Alissa- my darling…I love you more than you know and please know that it is a privilege to be your mother.

No comments: