This winter has taken a toll on our house this year sickness wise. We just cannot seem to shake the junk that is going around. Alissa has had colds off and on since November. I have had a few colds myself. I generally do not even get sick. That's the weird part. Last week I had the pleasure of laryngitis. This is the first time that I have completely lost my voice. From beginning to end, it was about 5 days or so.
When we were driving home from school last week, Alissa had 20 questions to ask me- or so it felt. It was nonsense questions that really were of no importance to me..but they were to her. Everytime I would answer, she could barely hear due to my laryngitis. She would get upset and say DON'T WHISPER! Well I couldn't turn my head to look at her, because I had to drive. I was so frustrated by the millionth question. Mommy? me...WHAT Alissa. I love you she said. My heart melted and I immediately because unfrustrated. I love that girl. She makes my heart smile.
Well my laryngitis did get better. But, Chris aquired a sore throat. His didn't get better. Sunday he went to urgent care. Bronchitis was the diagnosis. At this point he had a sore throat for over a week and barely able to swallow. Alissa had a nasty cough wasn't able to shake it. I decided to take her Sunday evening to urgent care. The diagnosis...strep, bronchitis, and an ear infection. This is the first time my baby has had anythign other than a cold. So...Chris and Alissa are both on antibiotics and we are conviced that Chris had strep. The Dr's at urgent care evidently didn't feel the need to culture his throat after that being the reason for his visit. Yeish. But....everyone is slowly starting to feel better.
I cannot wait until Spring so we can all get outside and enjoy some fresh air. It's needed to clear the house and our lungs of all the sickness.
No comments:
Post a Comment